Listen up y’all, I’ve got a sweet treat for y’all today – Applesauce Prune Cake! It’s a recipe that’ll have you smacking your lips and asking for more. And don’t worry if you don’t have vanilla extract, I’ve got you covered with some substitutes that’ll work just as well.
First up, let’s talk about this cake. It’s moist, it’s flavorful, and it’s just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. And the best part? It’s made with applesauce and prunes, which means it’s relatively healthy too. You can have your cake and eat it too, y’all.
Now, let’s get down to business. Here’s what you’re gonna need:
– 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup prune juice
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground cloves
– 1 cup chopped prunes
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil, and prune juice.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
5. Stir in the chopped prunes and pecans (if using).
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, let’s talk about those vanilla extract substitutes. If you don’t have any vanilla extract on hand, no need to worry. Here are some options:
1. Maple Syrup – 1 tsp of maple syrup can give your dish that sweet, vanilla-y flavor you’re looking for.
2. Almond Extract – 1 tsp of almond extract can give your dish a nutty, vanilla-y taste.
3. Honey – 1 tsp of honey can add sweetness and depth to your dish.
4. Orange or Lemon Zest – The zest from one orange or lemon can add a fresh, citrusy flavor to your dish.
5. Bourbon or Whiskey – 1 tsp of bourbon or whiskey can give your dish a rich, smoky flavor.
6. Milk – Adding milk to your dish can give it a creamy, vanilla-y taste.
So there you have it, y’all. A delicious cake recipe and some helpful vanilla extract substitutes. Now get to baking!
If you are looking for Dessert: Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (soft+chewy). Coconut oil, appl you’ve visit to the right page. We have 15 Pictures about Dessert: Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (soft+chewy). Coconut oil, appl like Homemade Applesauce Recipe — Yankee Magazine, Classic Applesauce and also Dessert: Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (soft+chewy). Coconut oil, appl. Here you go:
Dessert: Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (soft+chewy). Coconut Oil, Appl
oatmeal raisin flourless amyshealthybaking applesauce watchers eggless practically
Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – With Applesauce
chewy rotate several
12 Easy Lavender Crafts And DIY – Baking Outside The Box
lavender crafts sugar coconut diy scrub easy oil
Classic Potato Latkes By Thefeedfeed | Quick & Easy Recipe | The Feedfeed
latkes feedfeed matzo latke
Hillbilly Soup Recipe | SparkRecipes
hillbilly soup recipe recipes rate
INGREDIENT DICTIONARY ~ RANCH LIFE NATURALS
applesauce dictionary ingredient
6 Surprisingly Effective Substitutes For Vanilla Extract | Vanilla
vanilla extract substitute substitutes choose board
How To Cut Up Apples Into Cubes: The Easy Way! – The Bold Abode
cube apples way apple cubes cut into easy cubing either those ll little
Easy, No-Peel Applesauce – The Finer Things In Life
applesauce peel easy unpeeled canner cools once so canning
apple applesauce sauce recipes classic stewart martha school after snacks ingredient foods chunky favorite marthastewart recipe three versions healthier childhood
Applesauce Prune Cake – CopyKat Recipes
applesauce food bowl hanukkah cake traditions prune cooking copykat recipes substitutions lighter four unsweetened
The Dirty Floor: Homemade Applesauce
applesauce homemade serve enjoy
It's A Long Story: Day 4: Applesauce Season
applesauce season making recommend note would way
Homemade Applesauce Recipe — Yankee Magazine
Bacon Pancakes: 3 Steps
Applesauce peel easy unpeeled canner cools once so canning. Latkes feedfeed matzo latke. Chewy rotate several